Katie Fraser & Jacob Trevino founded Gorilla Cinema, a creative experience company. What started as a pop-up pairing cocktails and movies led to opening immersive bar environments (The Overlook Lodge, The Video Archive) that are playful, approachable, and incorporate the element of surprise. We talk about the importance of building trust among your community of followers, their plans to create other large-scale immersive experiences, and how convenient it is to be able to store random stuff in your own bar.
We also discussed:
- Their mission of projecting wonder via guerrilla marketing
- Doing something that seems crazy with the intent of making something magical
- Bringing extra life to neighborhoods by being approachable and considering what works best for each area
- How they hope to foster a community of people who will bring their own creative ideas to life.
- Why they decided to give The Overlook Lodge's biggest fans keys to the bar
Remember to sign up for the mailing list to keep up with Cincinnati’s amazing community of creatives!
Music by The Passion HiFi