For the final episode of Season 3, I talk to Project Manager Extraordinaire Janet Hill (janethillevents.com), who’s a pro when it comes to finding the path to get things done. She’s worked on everything from ArtWorks’ 21 Candles anniversary celebration to location management for the Marauders movie filmed here in Cincinnati. We chat about the reward of seeing a vision come to life, why collaboration is SO important on large-scale events, and how working at Kenner Toy Co was just as fun as you think would be.
We also discussed:
- How being a Girl Scout led to gaining experience organizing things and events
- How working on the opening of Sawyer Point Park and the Cincinnati bicentennial helped her quick start her career
- The secret to keeping up with all of the moving parts of a large-scale project
- Being more collaborative than competitive
- How to take advantage of unpredictable scenarios and go with the flow