Fashion connoisseur Tony Tiemeyer (evolutionfashionstudio.com) opened his first vintage clothing store in 1984, and soon after started carrying the work of then up-and-coming designers like Todd Oldham and Donna Karan. After running several successful designer shops and managing high-end retail, he decided to take on a new challenge: e-commerce. We talk about how he started Evolution Fashion Studio, why he likes to stay incognito, and how he wound up dressing Cookie Lyon in Dior.
We also discuss:
- How the Positively 4th Street window exhibit in downtown Cincinnati came together
- Why he chose to invest in starting a business when he wasn’t sure what to study in college
- How befriending a young Zac Posen eventually led to carrying designers like McQueen, Givenchy, and Lanvin.
- What his upcoming plans are for Evolution’s FirstDibs (spoiler: fun things at a lower price point!)
- Why he’s tempted by the idea of a brick-and-mortar but focused on growing the e-commerce side of the business.