Film Director Brandon Faris co-founded video production studio LEAPFrame in 2013, but his real first love is music. After studying sound production, he took on stints engineering music for commercials (he wrote a song a for Ford Truck ad!) and as a youth minister before learning to edit video by creating classic spots and mini-documentaries for Current TV. We talk about how he got his first videos on air, why he started his own podcast (Filmmakers Drinking Bourbon), and how he’s really a fashionista at heart.
We also discussed:
- Why getting a job as a used car salesman literally made him cry
- Realizing his sweet spot was between somewhere between editing in a dark room and new business development
- Product-izing and packaging the video production process
- How he always has multiple books in circulation (how?)
- Why he converted to a 15-piece capsule wardrobe (again, how?)
Listen here or download on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher. Please share, subscribe and rate on iTunes and be sure to sign up for the mailing list to keep up with Cincinnati's amazing community of creatives.