Friends Suzy and Brittney met in the first day of class during their 2nd year in college, and have been inseparable ever since. They started Handzy (hellohandzy.com) as a graphic design studio, creating branding for small businesses and stationery for craft fairs before embarking on a new venture: retail. We talk about working with other independent creators, how a more visually holistic approach to design has streamlined their process, and why Instagram Friends are (almost) as good as IRL ones.
We also discussed:
- How having a shop started as an inside joke that quickly turned into a reality
- The process of creating and curating their rad Instagram images
- How wedding invitations are the bridge between client work and stationery design
- Why networking is not nearly as effective (or fun!) as friend-making
- How they approach blogging as a small business
Handzy Design Shop + Studio, 15 W Pike Street, Covington, KY
hellohandzy on Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook
thestylesample on Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
Remember to sign up for the mailing list to keep up with Cincinnati’s amazing community of creatives.
Music by The Passion HiFi